Each year, the Carolina Recycling Association honors top performers that advance waste reduction and recycling in the Carolinas. Recipients are honored at the Annual Conference. Continuing this year, the award categories have all been consolidated into a general pool and a panel of judges will select a set of outstanding people, projects, and programs to recognize at the 2017 Annual Conference. The CRA will accept nominations that address all aspects of the industry as before, but will streamline the process to recognize the new and innovative projects that are changing the way recycling happens in the Carolinas.
The awards are open to individuals, companies, governments, schools, organizations, non-profits, and councils – projects and programs large and small. If you’re recycling or reducing waste, you’re eligible! See below for application recommendations and requirements.
The 2017 Annual Awards seek to recognize:
- Projects that are innovative, cutting edge, and impactful to waste reduction in the Carolinas;
- Work that has been successful in addressing current challenges of the recycling industry;
- People who have demonstrated leadership and made a significant contribution to recycling;
- Programs that are diverting new waste streams or using new technology to recover more materials;
- Programs, education, or events that demonstrate creativity in promoting or increasing recycling;
- Projects were difficult to execute but were ultimately successful and replicable in the Carolinas; or
- Projects that address the work of the CRA Councils: Collegiate Recycling, Household Hazardous Waste Management, and Litter Reduction and Beautification.
The awards nomination period is over.
Stay tuned for more info on the awards cermony!