Healthcare Sustainability Council
Goal: To support recycling industries and businesses by providing a forum to work on increasing recycling in the Carolinas thereby improving both the economy and environment of our states.
Mission: To promote a sustainable stewardship of resources by:
- Exploring strategies to reduce waste
- Exchanging and networking information
- Building case studies from successful solutions and innovations
- Educating peers, partners and leaders on healthcare sustainability
- Building the recycling market locally
Check Back Soon
Interim Chair – Jennifer Sellers, Environmental Sustainability Solutions Program Manager @ Carolinas HealthCare System
Given the growing demand for quality healthcare in the Carolinas, the number of hospitals and medical facilities has increased. As a result, the amount of medical–related waste generated has also increased along with the need to provide sustainable buildings and services. In response to this, CRA formed a Healthcare Sustainability Council in 2017.