The application deadline has passed. If you have any questions about the job opening, please contact CRA at [email protected]
If you submitted an application and did NOT receive a confirmation email, please contact CRA.
CRA Seeking Applicants
The Executive Director is tasked with the successful leadership, management, financial solvency and planning, marketing, and operation of the Carolina Recycling Association (CRA) while ensuring compliance with Board of Directors (Board) directives and applicable state and federal requirements for 501(c)(3) non-profits. Under the direction of the Board, the Executive Director is responsible for: the financial sustainability of the organization by seeking and obtaining funding sources; creating strategic partnerships; implementing policies developed by the Board of Directors; writing and reviewing procedures and strategic plans; and overseeing educational and community events to provide opportunities and support for recycling efforts in North and South Carolina consistent with the mission of the organization. The Executive Director role requires frequent travel around the Carolinas and occasional travel to other states to attend meetings, conferences, trainings, and other events.
(Download the Job Posting)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of the CRA;
- Responsible for management, development, marketing and budgeting of all CRA events, including production of the Annual Recycling Conference, which typically represents a substantial portion of CRA annual revenue, to meet financial goals and to support the mission of the organization.
- Develop and implement a fundraising plan to increase the CRA fund balance through sponsorships, grants, and other funding opportunities;
- Prepare a comprehensive annual budget;
- Establish and foster strategic partnerships within the recycling and solid waste industries locally, regionally, and nationally;
- Recruit and supervise all CRA staff, volunteers, and contractors/temporary staff, evaluate staff performance, and make hiring recommendations to the Board.
- Manage and oversee financial/accounting functions, contracts, and agreements;
- Assist the Board in developing the 3-year strategic plan and oversee implementation of goals stated therein;
- Responsible for new member recruitment and current member development/retention.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business Management, Finance, Organizational Development, a related field, or equivalent work experience, and a minimum of 3 years experience in the recycling and/or solid waste fields.
- Strong leadership with exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to motivate and foster relationships.
- Previous experience with fundraising and successful grant writing is highly desirable.
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, QuickBooks, WordPress, Google Apps Suite, Association Management Software, and online webinar or teleconference tools, and the ability to learn and use other software as needed.
- Excellent organizational skills and experience in the areas of Human Resources management; financial, operational and project management; and organizational and program development.
- Self-starter with the skills, ability and discipline necessary to work remotely.
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience up to $57,000.
- Paid time-off and holidays.
Note: The CRA Board of Directors is currently evaluating options for a potential bonus program.