Green Tips for Large Gatherings
Green Tips for Holidays and Parties
- Reduce – Plan the menu and calculate the amount of food you need to prepare and serve to avoid food waste.
- Buy Local – Purchase local and seasonal foods for your feast.
- Recycle – Make sure that your guests know where your recycling and compost bins are located
- Set the table – Avoid using paper plates or plastic cutlery.
- Get crafty – Make upcycled decorations from items you can find in your backyard/ around the house.
- Save gas – Carpool to your dinner.
- Traveling – Don’t forget to turn down the thermostat and turn off the lights!
- Re-use – Need a box for a gift? Check your recycling bin! You likely have just the box you need!
- Donate – Find a local food bank or shelter to take edible, unwanted food
- Compost – Compost your food scraps.