Seeking Board of Directors Candidates
for 2023 Elections
The CRA Board Development Committee is seeking recommendations for CRA Board nominees for the 2023-2026 board positions. In order to represent the diverse views and regional character of the membership, the committee has identified the following areas of special interest for the upcoming board election cycle:
- business & private sector representatives (particularly those located in NC),
- school/university representatives (particularly those located in NC),
- non-profit representatives,
- members with past experience and interest in serving as a treasurer/financial management, secretary, or board development.
These are not prerequisites and members without these qualifications are equally encouraged to apply.
BOARD MEMBER INFO
CRA board members provide leadership to fulfill the CRA’s mission and goals. If you are currently a CRA member in good standing, you have a good work ethic, industry experience, you have the time to conduct board business and the ability to travel North and South Carolina for meetings, you may be the perfect candidate.
Roles for Board Members include expansion of membership and member services/value, and committee chairs to lead the various functional committees and roles within the organization. Service on committees including serving in leadership roles is a requirement of all board members, the committees include:
- Annual Conference Committee
- Board Development Committee
- Education and Outreach Committee
- Finance Committee
- Fund Development Committee
- Membership Committee
- Specialty Conference Committee
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee
- Human Resources Committee
For committee descriptions or to sign up for a committee (you don’t have to be a board member to serve!): click here
The board meetings will take place on the 3rd Thursday of the scheduled month with the exception of December, which will be on the 2nd Thursday. All Board members are required to attend the annual planning retreat and Board meeting, held within 60 days of the annual conference and elections. The 2023 Retreat is tentatively scheduled for May 2023.
Nominations are due by January 13, 2023