2023 Recycling Day at the SC Statehouse
February 21, 2023
The Palmetto Club
Recycling day at the SC Statehouse was a huge success, with a record 75 members and friends of CRA gathered for inspiring presentations delivered by leaders in SC’s recycling profession, followed by a networking reception with over 60 members of the South Carolina State General Assembly at the Palmetto Club in Columbia. Recycling day provided a unique opportunity to meet with South Carolina law makers one-on-one. Businesses, industry players, non-profits, and individuals got valuable facetime with their representatives to help advocate for a healthy recycling industry in South Carolina.
Agenda for Recycling Day, February 21st:
2:30-3:00 pm – Check In (attendees)
3:00-4:30 pm – Presentations
- Welcome – Mary McClellan, Executive Director, Carolina Recycling Association
- Regional Impact of Recycling – Will Sagar, Executive Director, Southeast Recycling Development Council (SERDC)
- The Impact of Recycling in SC – Anna DeLage, Director, Recycling Market Development, SC Dept. of Commerce Recycling Program
- SC Sustainable Tire Working Group – John Wienges, Staff Attorney, South Carolina Association of Counties
- Sustainable Development Goal Study – Ethel Bunch, CEO, Sustain SC
- Insights on the Statehouse – Rob Smith, Principal Lobbyist, Moore Van Allen Law
- Special Guest Speaker: Representative William M. “Bill” Hixon – Chairman, House Agriculture, Natural Resources & Environmental Affairs Committee
4:30-7:00 pm – Reception & Networking with Legislators
Find Your Legislators
The link above allows you to find your Senators and Representatives for both the S.C. State Legislature and U.S. Congress who are currently serving.
To use the search, first enter your address information into the form.
Next click the button labeled ‘Find Legislators’ to submit the search.
Thank you to our partners!
Past Recycling Days at the Statehouse